Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

>> Friday, April 3, 2009

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
I was thinking about what to write about in this blog today …. something to do with fiction …but something that doesn’t require too much brain power because I seem to be fresh out.

But somewhere along the way while I was sulking about my cruddy day today, I remembered this book. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst is just the right sort of book for me today. I’m tempted, actually, to order a copy, since I no longer seem to have one.


I was surprised to read that this book was first published in 1972! It is definitely a classic. I remember reading it to kids at the camp I worked at, and later, to kids in residential treatment for behavioural issues when I was a Child & Youth Worker…. and of course, I read it to my own kids, as well.


Now I am thinking that I shall have to buy another copy for the grandbabies…. yeah….right…that’s a good excuse, right?


Whatever works :)

What are your favourite children’s books? The ones you think every kid should have?



1 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations